Friday, February 25, 2011

So I'm not really sure what to say today or where to go with this post. Today was pretty regular in some senses and not in others.

I got off work this morning and came home, excitedly checking my blog stats to see all the people reading my post and joining as regular readers. Have you ever had your bubble burst? Major league bursting going on this morning. I had only one follower and that's only because I asked him to read. (Thanks Pastor Phillip!) I did have 15 page views which I thought was pretty good after only a day.

Things got worse from there. I checked my wife's blog stats trying to bolster my wounded pride. After all, her blog had only been in existence for eight hours. Talk about a slap in the face! My wife had six, count them six followers (who's even up from 1am to 8am?) and 34 page views including one from Italy. My wife doesn't even know anyone in Italy!

With my tail between my legs, I began to prepare for sleep after an appointment seemingly fell through. Right after taking off my shoes, the phone rang. The appointment was back on and I had ten minutes to travel thirty minutes away. I got there and the meeting went well. After a stop at the grocery store, I drove home, staying awake for about seventy-five percent of the way. I rejoice in God's goodness and grace in protecting me as I made it safely home.

Teresa asked me to stay up for a bit and join her and kids for some worksheet activity (Michael starts school in the fall!!??). That quickly ended with Teresa waking me up from a nice doze sitting up at the dining room table and sending me to the solace of my king-size bed. Nice!!

Everything was pretty normal from there. I was awakened by Lexi slapping my thigh saying "Time to get up. Dinner's weddy." Here we are a few hours later. Teresa just finished watching the same movie she's been trying to watch for two weeks. The kids are at my mother's and I'm headed to work in thirty seconds.

All in all a nice day, even if a busy one. I haven't determined exactly how this day is to provoke my growth in godliness, but that's just because I haven't tried. Some how or another, it's a part of His plan to complete the good work begun.

1 comment:

  1. It's ok honey...we can't ALL be first in line :) I'll be sure to comment on each one of your posts! lol Have a great night at work while I'll be enjoying MY king sized bed!

    ReplyDelete